Episode 30: IBS, SIBO & Disordered Eating - How food fear and restriction is linked to your gut issues
Nourished Gut Podcast
IBS, SIBO & Disordered Eating - How food fear and restriction is linked to your gut issues
In this episode, I unpack loaded topic of disordered eating and how it may be linked to your gut issues. As this is something I have noticed increasingly over the last 5-10 years, it is a topic I am really passionate about raising awareness around the relationship between restrictive eating and fear of food with gut issues such as IBS and SIBO. If you or a loved one are struggling with disordered eating and gut issues, I highly recommend listening to this episode.
In this episode, I discuss:
- The importance of a multi-faceted team when treating disordered eating
- How disordered eating can impact on your gut
- The relationship between restrictive eating, fear of food or your personal experience with food with IBS
- My experience with the food industry and social media impacting my health
- Miscommunication with the gut-brain connection that can occur with pre-existing mental health conditions
- How restrictive diets may create a fear of food
- The importance of taking a multi-disciplinary approach with treatment
- Why health professionals may be failing you
- How you can help if you or a loved one are struggling with disordered eating
- And much more!
Do you have an unhealthy gut? Take my Gut Health Quiz and find out now!
Head over to karlyraven.com for more Nourished Gut episodes, free resources, and information about my programs.